Applies to: NAS/C 5G r15.6.0 v7.1.4
What's New in NAS/C 5G v7.1.4
The ossNASDecode() API function now always ignores a truncated optional
Information Element at the end of a message.
Previously, it could return a non-zero error code in this case.
The ossNASDecode() API function now returns the new error code 71 and the
"Too short message" error message when, according to 3GPP TS 24.301/24.501
7.2.1, the input message should be ignored because it is too short to
contain a message type Information Element.
Previously, other error codes were returned in this case.
When a mandatory Information Element is missing, the ossNASDecode() API
function now always returns code 17 (OSSNAS_AttemptToReadPastEndOfEncodedData).
Previously, in some cases it returned code 19
What's New in NAS/C 5G v7.1.3
- The GFBRUplink, GFBRDownlink, MFBRUplink, MFBRDownlink, AveragingWindow,
and EPSBearerIdentityOctet IEs and IE elements are now correctly encoded
and properly handled by the decoder. Previously, they could be encoded without
the preceding length field. Also, the decoder could mishandle them.
- The T3512 value IE of Registration Accept message is now correctly
handled as GPRS timer 3. Previously, it was handled as GPRS timer 2.
- The Selected PDU session type and Selected SSC mode IEs of PDU Session
Establishment Accept message is now encoded in the correct order.
Previously, their half-octet encodings were swapped within the octet.
What's New in NAS/C 5G v7.1.2
- The 5GS tracking area identity list IE is now handled correctly.
Previously, it was not possible to set the "number of elements" field of
the "Partial tracking area identity list of type 01" to a non-zero value.
What's New in NAS/C 5G v7.1.1
- The new OSS NAS API function, ossNASDecodeJSON(), has been added. This function decodes a JSON-encoded NAS message into a specified variable of the corresponding NASmessage type. The optionally modified decoded message can then be re-encoded to a binary NAS message by the ossNASEncode() function.
- The new OSS NAS API function, ossNASDecodeXML(), has been added. This function decodes a JSON-encoded NAS message into a specified variable of the corresponding NASmessage type. The optionally modified decoded message can then be re-encoded to a binary NAS message by the ossNASEncode() function.
This documentation applies to the OSS NAS Tools for C for 5G v7.1.4 for 3GPP Release 15.6.0.
Copyright © 2021 OSS Nokalva, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of OSS Nokalva, Inc.
Every distributed copy of the OSS NAS Tools for C for 5G is associated with a specific license and related unique license number. That license determines, among other things, what functions of the OSS NAS Tools for C for 5G are available to you.