Applies to: ASN-1Step 8.2
ASN-1Step is a versatile tool built to ease ASN.1 application development and testing. It supports the full ASN.1 syntax as described by the ASN.1:1990 and ASN.1:2015 standards and the following encoding rules:
- Basic Encoding Rules (BER)
- Packed Encoding Rules (Aligned: PER, Unaligned: UPER)
- Distinguished Encoding Rules (DER)
- Canonical Encoding Rules (CER)
- XML Encoding Rules (Basic: XER, Canonical: CXER, Extended: E-XER)
- Octet Encoding Rules (Basic: OER, Canonical: C-OER)
Use the intuitive ASN.1 Studio IDE (available for Windows, Linux, and macOS), or the command-line interface (available for all platforms) to create or modify ASN.1 values without writing any code.
ASN-1Step enables you to
- Pinpoint syntax and semantic errors in simple or complex ASN.1 specifications.
- Take as input a BER, CER, DER, PER, UPER, OER, C-OER, XER, CXER, E-XER, or JSON encoded message and display it instantly in human-readable format with its fields and values clearly labeled (without having to write a single line of code).
- Create test values from ASN.1 value notation on the fly and encode them using BER, CER, DER, PER, UPER, OER, C-OER, XER, CXER, E-XER, JSON (again without writing a single line of programming code).
- Quickly pinpoint errors in a faulty PER encoding by viewing a detailed diagram of the fields in human-readable format.
- Convert an encoded message or ASN.1 value notation to or from Comma-Separated Value (CSV) data format.
- Graphically construct ASN.1 values for any valid PDU type.
- Check values to see if they satisfy all applied ASN.1 constraints for the type they correspond to.
- Find out how many octets a particular value's encoding/decoding will occupy.
NOTE: ASN-1Step is only available on common platforms like Windows, Linux, and macOS. If you are interested in ASN-1Step for some other platform, contact OSS Nokalva Sales.
This documentation applies to release 8.2 and later of ASN-1Step®. For earlier versions, consult the PDF manual available in your product installation.
Copyright © 2020 OSS Nokalva, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of OSS Nokalva, Inc.
Every distributed copy of ASN-1Step is associated with a specific license and related unique license number. That license determines, among other things, what functions of ASN-1Step are available to you.